December 20, 2019
12/23 – 1/5 – Winter Break
1/6 – Classes Resume
1/9 – Jr. Naturalist Club 4:00 – 5:15
1/10 – Grade 1 Sandon – Play-in-a-Day 3:15 – SHARP!
1/11 – Orchestra Festival Rehearsal to HHS 9:45 – 12:30
1/15 – Grade 6 Jr. High Registration 3:00 – Cafeteria
1/16 – Late Start Day! School will start at 11:33. All buses will run two hours later than normal. If you need child care and your student is not in Kids & Co. please contact Kristi Wright to reserve a spot.
1/17 – Grade 1 Christen – Play-in-a-Day 3:15 – SHARP!
1/20 – No School – Martin Luther King Observance Day
1/28 – Kindergarten to Carver Park 9:45 – 1:30
1/30 – Band Concert 7:00 p.m.
1/31 – Grade 1 Play-in-a-Day 3:15 – SHARP!
On behalf of myself and the Gatewood staff, we'd like to wish you a peaceful, safe and relaxing winter break! We look forward to seeing you on Monday, January 6, 2020!
Children's Dental Services
Low-cost dental care will be provided by clinic at My Health Clinick, 15 - 8th Avenue South, Hopkins on Wednesday, January 15th from 9:00 - 4:00. The following services are for children from birth to age 26 and pregnant women.
* Exams * Sealants
* X-Rays * Oral Health Education
* Cleanings * Fillings
* Flouride * Crowns
Call Children's Dental Service at (612)746-1530 to set up your appointment. Children's Dental accepts all forms of insurance and offers reduced cost care under an income-based sliding fee scale. Ask to have your appointment at the Hopkins location.
Winter Break Food Program
The Sheridan Story has an exciting new partnership to expand access to food for our community over Winter Break. December 21st, 2019 – January 5th, 2020, several Minneapolis Parks, all YMCA Twin Cities branches, and additional locations will have The Sheridan Story bags of food available for anyone who requests it (while supplies last).
- What: Free bag of shelf-stable, substantive, and nutritious food
- When: (Winter Break) December 21st, 2019 – January 5th, 2020
- Where: several Minneapolis Parks, all YMCA Twin Cities branches, and additional locations – Use the below map to find a convenient location or click here to see the map in a new window.
- How: Simply go to the front desk and ask for a bag of food
You do NOT need to be a member of any partner location
You do NOT need to provide any contact information
Please see the Electronic Backpack section of our webpage for the following information:
- Hopkins Hurricanes Youth Wrestling
- Kung Fu
- Glen Lake Mighty Mites Registration January 1 – February 28 – Glen Lake Baseball is a youth baseball organization located in the Glen Lake area of Minnetonka. We are 100% volunteer run and our focus is on teaching kids ages 4 – 12 to play baseball in a fun and positive environment. Kids learn baseball skills, team work and good sportsmanship. Parents get to be involved in a friendly community and enjoy the great tradition of baseball! See the flyer for details.
- Girls GAL Softball is right around the corner! Registration open January 1, 2020 ages 5-18. See the flyer for details.
More information for any of these classes can be found at: