XinXing Academy Immersion Information Night
Tuesday, November 12, 6 p.m.
1001 Highway 7, Hopkins
Hopkins Public Schools’ XinXing Academy has an amazing Chinese immersion program starting in kindergarten, and we want you to learn more! We are excited to partner with you as you explore our Chinese immersion program.
At our Immersion Open House, you can:
- Meet our teachers and ask questions about curriculum and more.
- Speak with XinXing Academy students and parents.
- Learn more about how the immersion experience continues into junior high.
- Meet parents in Bei Dou Xing, our XinXing parent group, to learn more about the cultural trip to China and Bei Dou Xing events.
- Learn about the many Chinese cultural and youth enrichment opportunities.
See XinXing students in action:
Join us for a tour!
The best way to get to know XinXing is to see us in action!
Attend a XinXing Academy program tour to see our students and teachers in action and experience firsthand the benefits of an immersion education.
XinXing building tours:
- Monday, October 7, 9:15-10:15 a.m.
- Wednesday, November 20, 9:15-10:15 a.m.
- Tuesday, December 17, 9:15-10:15 a.m.
- Friday, January 10, 9:15-10:15 a.m.
About our program:
Outstanding results in both Chinese and English!
- Highly proficient: In 2019, 100% of XinXing second graders passed the level 3 Chinese proficiency assessment of listening and reading and 96% of third graders passed the level 4 assessment of listening, reading, and writing.
- AP and college credit: 100% of XinXing grade 10 students who took the Advanced Placement (AP) Chinese Language & Culture exam as 9th graders received scores of 3, 4, or 5, which can earn them college credit.
- Bilingual Seal: 20 current XinXing Hopkins High School students will be eligible to earn a Minnesota Department of Education Bilingual Platinum Seal in Chinese, and 17 students will be eligible to earn a Bilingual Gold Seal in Chinese on their graduation transcripts.
- Top MCA scores: XinXing Academy students consistently score as well or better than non-immersion students on MCA standardized tests, with the highest scores in the District in reading, math, and science.
- Global and well-travelled: Eighth-grade immersion students have the opportunity to participate in an educational exchange with our partner school in Shanghai, China. The trip includes a home stay and attending classes at our partner school.
In collaboration with the U of M, we have developed interdisciplinary STEM units for Chinese immersion students. XinXing students experience the full benefit of our Engineering is Elementary curriculum in Chinese.