2020-21 Hopkins Preschool
We can't wait to meet you and your fall 2020 preschooler! Tours are not currently available due to summer safety guidelines.
About Stepping Stones Preschool
Engaging classrooms, nurturing teachers, discovery-based curriculum, social and school readiness development — all designed to ignite your child's love for learning and build a solid foundation for kindergarten and beyond. Stepping Stones is an unparalleled year-round, year-before-kindergarten preschool.
Open from 7:00 a.m.-6:00 p.m. at convenient west metro locations: Tanglen Elementary School in Minnetonka, Gatewood Elementary School in Minnetonka, and Meadowbrook Elementary School in Golden Valley. Children must be 4 years old as of September 1 to attend.
Please note: due to a recent Minnesota Department of Education reassessment of open enrollment priority categories, all school districts in Minnesota need to change the practice of offering preference to out-of-district families enrolled in preschool programs. For this reason Stepping Stones Enrollment for the 2020-2021 school year will not provide a family with a preference in open enrollment for Kindergarten.
An exceptional preschool choice
- Our curriculum. Developmentally appropriate, our guided, discovery-based curriculum is inspired by the signature Reggio Emilia Approach. The curriculum adapts to the interests of the children and allows them to plan, think, experiment, evaluate and amend their ideas.
- The environment. We boast creative, engaging classrooms and natural playgrounds that encourage exploring and inspire learning.
- Our well-trained teachers. Not only do all hold a master's or bachelor's degree, they have extensive experience in creating nurturing surroundings that kindle curiosity and boost learning.
- Social and emotional growth. Your child will make social, academic, and physical connections to school, while creating long-lasting social relationships with peers.
More about Stepping Stones curriculum:
Inspired by the signature Reggio Emilia Approach, we foster critical thinking skills, as well as social and emotional growth in a guided discovery-based setting that helps prepare children for kindergarten.
Activities and exploration will be provided in: music, STEM/science, art, cooking, computers, math literacy kills, social skills, literacy activities, problem solving, cooperative activities, indoor and outdoor play times, large muscle activities, fine motor skills, and dramatic play. We also offer:
- Field trips (not available 2020-2021 school year).
- Natural outdoor playscapes.
- Nutritious meals and snacks.
- A transition and introduction into the elementary school.
We care about your child and their achievement! Therefore, we ask you to try to limit your child's Stepping Stones day to 9 hours. If your child needs to be in our care longer than 9 hours, please talk to your child's teachers about strategies for success.
Stepping Stones 2020-2021 Tuition Information:
- Full Year - Sept: $1,040/month; beginning October 1: $1190/month
- School Year only - Sept: $1075/month; beginning October 1: $1225/month
Tuition is a yearly total divided into equal monthly payments for your convenience. Once enrolled, any change to your contract may affect this monthly payment. Prices are subject to change, please call the preschool enrollment office for the most accurate tuition information: 952-988-5000.
Once your registration is confirmed, you are able to withdraw by July 15, 2019 and receive a credit of your deposit.
Deposit information: Once school has begun, please provide us with a 30 day notice if you plan to withdraw and we will apply your deposit to your tuition balance at that time. If less than 30 days is given, your deposit is forfeited. If your family chooses the full year Stepping Stones preschool option, the monthly fee is calculated to include two weeks of vacation as a credit, as long as your preschooler continually attends Stepping Stones from September to August.
- Gatewood Stepping Stones, 14900 Gatewood Drive, Minnetonka, MN 55345
- Tanglen Stepping Stones, 10901 Hillside Lane, Minnetonka 55305
- Meadowbrook Stepping Stones, 5430 Glenwood Drive, Golden Valley, MN 55422
Please call Harley Hopkins at 952-988-5000 or email Liz.Reynolds@HopkinsSchools.org.